The Departmental Admission Test 2013 for admissions to Ph.D and M.Phil programmes of the Department of Physics is scheduled to be held on the 30th of May 2013.
Refund to students who were admitted under payment category but later upgraded to free category and to those who cancelled admissions upto 13.08.2012 was sanctioned with University Orders.
Students who have been overlooked in the U.O.’s referred above, students who became eligible for further refund by virtue of U.O.No.Ac.A4/9411/2011 dated 13.08.2012, students who paid full admission fees during spot admissions, students who cancelled admission upto the date of closing of admission were found eligible for refund, further.
Sanction is therefore accorded by the Vice-Chancellor for the refund is in the PDF . Please dowload
- S5,S7 – Last date without Fine : 3 May 2013
Last date with fine : 14 May 2013
- S3 – Last date without Fine : 3 June 2013
Last date with fine : 10 June 2013
4/6/13 – 701
6/6/13 – 702
11/6/13 – 703
13/6/13 – 704
18/6/13 – 705
20/6/13 – 501
26/06/13 – 502
28/06/13 – 503
2/7/13 – 504
4/7/13 – 505
8/7/13 – 506
25/6/13 – 301
27/6/13 – 302
1/7/13 – 303
3/7/13 – 304
5/7/13 – 305
9/7/13 – 306
Click here to download the notifiction :
Thanks to Kiran Gopinath for Updated Information and Notification .
Thanks to Nithin John for the timetable
The Cochin University of Science and Technology ( Cusat) has received frequency allotment for the Stratosphere Troposphere (ST) Radar, coming up at the main campus. The radar will operate at 205 MHz frequency, according to the approval given by the wireless promotion and coordination (WPC) wing of the ministry of communications.
- Date of publication of Results:17’th April, 2013.
- Last dates for submitting applications for Scrutiny and Revaluation at the Respective Examination Centers are 26-04-2013 and 02-05-2013 respectively
- Applications for Scrutiny and Revaluation are to be submitted on or before the last dates prescribed for the same only at the respective examn centers.
- Under no circumstances the applications submitted after the last date prescribed or the applications submitted other than the exam centers will be accepted.
- Incomplete and defective applications will be rejected summarily.
[pullquote] Last dates for submitting applications for Scrutiny and Revaluation at the Respective Examination Centers are 26-04-2013 and 02-05-2013 respectively [/pullquote]
Write article for I Am A Techie and Win Latest Tablets From Samsung
To participate in the contest you need to write an article about one of the themes given below and send it to [email protected]
Two winning entries will receive a Samsung Galaxy TAB 2 each. Selected writers will be offered a technical writer job at Iamatechie.com
Last date to send in your entry is May 31st.
The winners will be announced on June 1st 2013.
- Google glasses – Futuristic uses, advantages and disadvantages
- Innovations in tapping solar energy – Technologies, products
- Impact of driverless cars (economy, technology, society )
- How do you see the mobile technology emerge in the daily life?
- iOS vs Android Vs Windows mobile
- Telemedicine – Opportunities, challenges and existing platforms
- Cyber security and how that affects online banking
- The future of user interfaces (for phone, computers, television)
- Cyber laws – Opportunities and threats
- Government and mobile applications
- Future of search engine technology
*Feel free to choose your own theme also
Rules and regulations
- Minimum article length – 700 words
- A contestant can submit any number of entries
- Every article must have one image along with it. It can be a graph, or a photo or something that is relevant to the article. It can be sourced from other sites giving credit to the owner.
- The themes need not be strictly followed. If you have an article idea for some other interesting technology or its use please feel free to write and submit.
- Articles should not be copied from any other source. Copyscape check above 10% will not be considered for prizes.
- Last date to send in your article :- May 31st.
- Social media visibility
- Article quality
- Originality of the concept
- Engagement (comments, replies)
- Galaxy Tab 2 (2 Nos)
- Opportunity for a job in the field of technical writing
Tips to create winning articles
- Do extensive research on the topic and study the subject thoroughly
- Develop a catchy title which will make someone want to read the full article
- Add relevant images, videos, and links to the article
- Share the article link with your friends once its published and ask them to share further
“The day a woman can walk freely on the roads, that day we can say that India achieved independence” said Mahatma Gandhi. Yet, we celebrate our independence every year oblivious of what is happening out there in the cruel world. On one hand we designate women as the “epitome of super power” and on the other we fail to understand, let alone eliminate, the insecurity she suffers to walk alone on the streets, the adversities she faces at every stage, every place and every moment.
The recent brutality that occurred in the national capital and the demise of the brave girl has raised a serious question on the Independence of women in this country. What are we doing to restore their security, their pride and their stature?
This short film is a small attempt, by the employees of Schneider Electric, for a huge task of restoring the respect of Women. It is a mere REFLECTION of the sufferings of women in the society. We hope the nation wakes up to the call.
A short film with CUSATian presence..
Director : Sajessh Sulaiman (CUSAT EEE 2008 batch).
Assistant Director : Joy K G (EC 2008 batch)
Music Director : Ashwin (Mech.2008 batch)
Title Song vocals : Nitin K Menon (Mech 2008 batch..)
Produced By: Sachin Velayudhan
Story: Jyothi sanjeev
Camera: Kanishk N, Music: Ashwin KP, Assistant Director: Joy K G, Finance Controller: Manoj Modi, Crew: Akshay K, Nirmal Sagar, K Viswa Kiran, Sri Vidya
Cast: Tushar Shetty, Sindhu Ravindra, Syam K, Andalib Muhib, Bala